Thank you for your patience as we navigate an unfamiliar situation.
Although it appears that none of our patients are susceptible to COVID-19, we are concerned about the threat to our clients and staff. This has prompted us to make some adjustments to our clinic operations.
- In-clinic visits should be restricted to urgent care issues. We need to address illness and injury, but postpone routine visits.
- Routine and elective surgical procedures (spays, neuters, dental prophies, etc.) should be postponed until the pandemic is over.
- Please restrict visits to one animal at a time.
- In order to reduce human contact in our waiting room, please call us from our parking lot when you arrive. We will let you know when an exam room is available. We can also deliver products to your car, or you can order products from our online pharmacy: https://desotoanimalclinic.vetsfirstchoice.com/
- If you are ill, or think you could have been exposed to COVID-19, do not come into the clinic. Call us, and we will retrieve your pet from your car in the parking lot.
- If you are inside our facility, please maintain distance from others, and use hand sanitizer often. We will continue to clean and disinfect surfaces frequently.
We regret the inconvenience this causes, but we want to do our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We also want to reduce our use of gloves, masks, and other supplies, which are more urgently needed for human medical facilities.
CLICK HERE for the American Veterinary Medical Association’s COVID-19: FAQ’s FOR PET OWNERS
If you have any questions, please call us. Our doctors and staff have been dealing with an overwhelming case load, but we want to be here to help your pets when they truly need us. Please be patient.
We hope everyone stays healthy and safe!